A map of the Holy Roman Empire with the important towns surrounding Martin Luther and the Ninety-Five Theses.
- Eisleben: the town of Luther’s birth and death
- Erfurt: where Luther went to university and joined the Augustinian monastery
- Wartburg: the castle near Eisenach that Luther was hidden in after he was declared a heretic and outlaw at the Diet of Worms
- Wittenberg: where Luther started the Protestant Reformation. He was a university professor and parish priest in Wittenberg.
- Worms: the town where Luther was condemned by the Imperial Diet as an outlaw.